"The stunning Skyline Ridge from Eiger Mönch and Jungfrau is basically what I see every day from Interlaken. It was on my tick list for quite a moment. Inspired from the 1962 Ascent of the two Mountain Guides Alfred Gertsch and Alfred Roth which climbed the Eiger Mönch and Jungfrau starting at the Mittellegihut, I just want to climb the whole ridge, valley to valley. "
- The Stunning Skyline Ridge from Eiger Mönch & Jungfrau..
- A great run on the Mont-Blanc Inominata Ridge...
- And the OCC® in Chamonix to finish a great summer in the Alps!
In a bit more then one month i start my lecture tour in USA organized by the AAC. Check out the Trailer.
TOUR SCHEDULE 2016:
- Aug. 28th - New York City, NY
- Aug. 29th - Philadelphia, PA
- Aug. 30th - Boston, MA
- Aug. 31st - Chicago, IL
- Sep. 9th - Seattle, WA
- Sep. 10th - Portland, OR
- Sep. 11th - San Francisco, CA
- Sep. 12th - San Diego, CA
- Sep. 13th - Salt Lake City, UT
- Sep. 14th - Denver, CO
Without one full day of good weather we still climbed a lot. David and I climbed the Girona Route up to 7800 meters followed by the British Route to 7600m. Both in a single push up and down. It was interesting to see what it takes to climb in bad conditions on such a huge face.
Ueli Steck, the "Swiss Machine," has yet again broken the record for a solo speed ascent of the North Face of the Eiger. On November 16, 2015, Steck took advantage of good weather and climbing conditions and pushed for the summit of the classic Heckmair Route (ED2, 1800m, 1938) in a mere 2 hours 22 minutes.